Skip to main content

travel : boston






















Wet, rainy, wonderful.  Our short trip to Boston was perfectly grey and overcast.  We spent much needed time outdoors, not even letting the occasional rain shower stop us from our plans.  Erick has been a few times now to visit his brother and sister-in-law but this trip was my first to the city-- I was impressed to say the least.

Nearly everywhere we went in the city, from the North End to the South End, we were able to get to by foot or by bike. Cruising around between cars in the fall air, smile plastered to my face, hands shaking, trying to keep up with my husband... they're memories I won't soon forget.

Here are a few awesome places we recommend from our visit:

The Wired Puppy - a delightful coffee shop
Mela - amazing Indian food
Max Brenner - open til 2AM with all things desert and chocolate
Regina Pizzeria - amazing thin crust pizza in the Italian neighborhood
Wagamama - spicy noodle soup in gigantic portions

A big thanks to Erick's brother Hector and his wife Illiana for showing us around and housing us for our stay. We're so grateful to have such amazing family. After such an eventful weekend though, Erick and I are both in a kind of "travel" haze.  We're tired and glad to be home with our little one (who's not so little any more!) Sofia just turned 16 months and is officially in full-on toddler mode. She's been keeping us busy and we couldn't be more happy, seeing how much she's grown and has learned in such a short time always stops me in my tracks... how quickly time is passing us by.

Comments

  1. this looks like such a cool trip. and what beautiful photos (per usual). i'm craving cold right now... TOO HOT IN LA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy to me that it still hasn't cooled off for you yet! Do you ever get fall like weather in LA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. bakery open til 2AM??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    my dream.

    also ALL of these photos are gorgeous and i am so jealous! in like a good way. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i could've gone! looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad you enjoyed your trip! beautiful pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a brill trip, loving the photos, especially the fountain snap.. too cute! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. such lovely pictures, I really liked Boston when I went although we only spent two days there, I'd love to go again
    http://ahandfulofhope.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such beautiful photos of your trip to Boston! I've never been there before but I just had a friend who moved out there, maybe now I have a chance to go! :)

    I just stumbled upon your blog, you have such a lovely space here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures Kate, looks like you and Erik and a wonderful time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha, I love these! You guys are the best! I really love the way Boston feels so much smaller than it is. I also remember having the best indian food there. Just a place on the street - I couldn't tell anyone where it was if I wanted to. I'm glad you had an awesome trip. It looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos are always amazing! May I ask what lens you used for most of these? I'm trying to decide whether to get the Canon 28mm or the Sigma 30mm but I like my bokeh and I haven't seen much with the 28mm so I'm kind of iffy on it lol. Btw my daughter just turned 2 and I can honestly say I miss 16 months, soooo much easier lol. :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

curious little gifts : a moonbeatle giveaway

A few of you may remember the talented Fritha from Tigerlily Quinn , as I interviewed her a few weeks back on the blog.  She so generously has offered up the perfect little collection of curious gifts from her Etsy shop - Moonbeatle !  I am in love with everything she creates, especially the brand new hand-painted kids tees... aren't they perfect?  Complete with prints, tea towels, plates and a tee for the little one in your life, this is the perfect gift set (maybe even in time for Valentine's Day!) Here's what one lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans reader will receive: 1. One illustrated Trailer Park Love tea towel , perfect with your morning cup of tea, or to decorate your kitchen. Winner will choose their preferred style - valued at $16 2. The sweetest hand-illustrated plate , just in time for Valentine's Day. Before Fritha, I never knew that an octopus has three hearts! - valued at $12 3 . An A4 size, unframed ink illustration of Moonbeatle

giveaway : a very merry christmas

I am so thrilled to be working with these amazing companies to offer two lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans readers a chance at winning a Christmas package of handcrafted goodies for their little ones.  We have quite the collection of some of my favorite items from around the web lately - clothing, shoes, wooden cameras for budding "little" photographers, knitted toys, mobiles for baby's rooms, even nursing necklaces! To enter you must: • be a follower of Diapers & Skinny Jeans • leave a comment telling me which package you'd like to win • be of 18 years of age, or older • earn an extra entry by liking Diapers & Skinny Jeans on Facebook (please leave a separate comment stating you've "liked") • winners will be randomly selected based on comment number, and drawn on Wednesday, December 5th to try to make the cutoff for deliveries by Christmas.  Announcements will be made back on this post, and also on Facebook .  If t

bump : week 23

The sub-zero weather has kept us indoors, but it hasn't kept us from having the most amount of fun possible.  I've been enjoying hot cups of tea served with teaspoons of sugar and condensed milk, curling up with my favorite blanket and enjoying the tap-tap, nudge-nudge of the littlest De La Rosa.  Though I find myself playing catch up yet again (I'm 24 weeks!) I'm not complaining in the least bit.  I've had this little family of mine all to myself for a full four days with no work, no emails, no agenda and no pressure.   Ahhhhh... happy winter celebration, little baby. PS- did you know Erick finally launched his website ?  It's up, it's responsive, and it's gorgeous. I'm a proud muma bear. WEARING : SHORT SLEEVE CREW NECK TSHIRT DRESS IN ASH GREY SEA FOAM BY AMERICAN APPAREL    |    PHOTOS:  BY ERICK