Skip to main content

exciting changes are coming



Hello again, friends!  Lots of new exciting things are coming.  I can barely contain myself!  It's been a tough couple of weeks for reasons I haven't really shared yet, but I promise it will all make sense to you soon. Sinus infection is officially gone, and although the house is still a mess, I finally have caught my second wind of energy and luckily haven't been feeling as run-down as my absence here has unfortunately shown. I'm back to starting personal projects and crafting, gearing up for the holidays, and have been tediously working out some details for some changes right here at Diapers & Skinny Jeans. Get ready for a whirlwind of new features and announcements here on the blog, as well as some unique opportunities for you- my readers!

Blogging is such an incredibly personal venture.

For anyone that has started a blog, you know. It takes so much more courage than I ever could have imagined to put your personal life out into the open for anyone to see, and to speak and write with your own voice, hoping it might resonate with someone who feels similarly. Starting this blog back in 2011 during my pregnancy with Sofia was the single, most important decision I made. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful for the incredible community I've been able to connect with, all of your personal stories you've shared, the advice, the hope, the smiles when we've been down, and the support you've given us when things have been great. I had no idea what to expect, but it has been one incredible journey so far. I am beyond blissful, and so very grateful. Erick told me a few days ago as we were journeying further and further into the archives here, that creating this blog was the best gift I could have ever given him; that he knows at any given time he can go to a website and find photos and stories of his daughter growing up. His words really stuck with me that day, I love him and this family we've created together dearly... documenting it is only the beginning!

So here's a little bit of what's new:

We want to continue to grow, so we are (eep!)  going public! I'm terrified and excited all at the same time.

•   I've finally set up a home for Diapers & Skinny Jeans on Facebook -- Please head on over  and give us a "like"!  I will be sharing daily snippets and updates pertaining to the blog and our family.  Can't wait to see you over there!

•   If you've been looking to sponsor or host your very own giveaway, this is all now possible for the very first time, right here. I've muddled around with the idea of sponsors for quite some time, and finally have a beautiful new sidebar to showcase the brands and blogs that I love and support.

•   Brand new features will be rolling out through the end of the year, including the documentation of my new memory-keeping endeavors, more health & wellness tidbits, and some exciting new photo projects.

Have any of you struggled to take the big "plunge" into the social media (and/or) sponsoring sphere?  This is definitely a big step for us!  I am so happy to be standing proudly beside this little blog of mine-- if you spend your time working on things you are truly passionate for, you will never work a day in your life.  I believe this 100%!

Above photos are from our wedding anniversary trip to St. Louis.


Comments

  1. I can't even begin to tell you how encouraging you and your writing has been! While my story is different, like every ones, it seemed to parallel the things you would write about and it was often just the pep-talk I needed to get through the day (or week). It's been awesome getting to know you and to watch your family grow -- getting to share the joy of chubby little cheeks and legs and some of the sweetest genuine smiles out there has been the icing on the cake. I admire your courage and I'm filled with gratitude that our paths crossed when they did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on all this exciting news! You have such a lovely space here with so much wonderful content to share. I am following you over on Facebook and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Carrie - Your words made me a bit emotional this morning! I really feel so incredibly grateful to have crossed paths with you and your beautiful family. It's been amazing watching you go through some exciting new changes, too- homeownership?! A dream! I know you have the drive and ambition to follow all the rest of them. I can't wait to see what's in store for you... still hoping for a chance to get our littles together.

    @Milynn - Thank you so much for stopping by and showing your support. I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting, Kate! I remember reading your blog from the start, when Abby shared a link on her blog... you posted about a bad hair day and I knew we just had to be friends! :) I have loved watching you, your family, and blog grown, and somehow feeling like I was a part of it all. I can't wait to see all the things you have in store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling a bit better and congratulations on all of your exciting new news! I shall go and hit that Facebook 'like' button right now.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, Kate! this is such incredibly awesome news, I'm so happy for you! my thoughts echo Carrie's to a T, so glad our paths crossed and I have been able to keep in touch with you via your blog and Instagram! you are such a kind, amazing, inspring mama! good luck with your new venture!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

curious little gifts : a moonbeatle giveaway

A few of you may remember the talented Fritha from Tigerlily Quinn , as I interviewed her a few weeks back on the blog.  She so generously has offered up the perfect little collection of curious gifts from her Etsy shop - Moonbeatle !  I am in love with everything she creates, especially the brand new hand-painted kids tees... aren't they perfect?  Complete with prints, tea towels, plates and a tee for the little one in your life, this is the perfect gift set (maybe even in time for Valentine's Day!) Here's what one lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans reader will receive: 1. One illustrated Trailer Park Love tea towel , perfect with your morning cup of tea, or to decorate your kitchen. Winner will choose their preferred style - valued at $16 2. The sweetest hand-illustrated plate , just in time for Valentine's Day. Before Fritha, I never knew that an octopus has three hearts! - valued at $12 3 . An A4 size, unframed ink illustration of Moonbeatle

giveaway : a very merry christmas

I am so thrilled to be working with these amazing companies to offer two lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans readers a chance at winning a Christmas package of handcrafted goodies for their little ones.  We have quite the collection of some of my favorite items from around the web lately - clothing, shoes, wooden cameras for budding "little" photographers, knitted toys, mobiles for baby's rooms, even nursing necklaces! To enter you must: • be a follower of Diapers & Skinny Jeans • leave a comment telling me which package you'd like to win • be of 18 years of age, or older • earn an extra entry by liking Diapers & Skinny Jeans on Facebook (please leave a separate comment stating you've "liked") • winners will be randomly selected based on comment number, and drawn on Wednesday, December 5th to try to make the cutoff for deliveries by Christmas.  Announcements will be made back on this post, and also on Facebook .  If t

bump : week 23

The sub-zero weather has kept us indoors, but it hasn't kept us from having the most amount of fun possible.  I've been enjoying hot cups of tea served with teaspoons of sugar and condensed milk, curling up with my favorite blanket and enjoying the tap-tap, nudge-nudge of the littlest De La Rosa.  Though I find myself playing catch up yet again (I'm 24 weeks!) I'm not complaining in the least bit.  I've had this little family of mine all to myself for a full four days with no work, no emails, no agenda and no pressure.   Ahhhhh... happy winter celebration, little baby. PS- did you know Erick finally launched his website ?  It's up, it's responsive, and it's gorgeous. I'm a proud muma bear. WEARING : SHORT SLEEVE CREW NECK TSHIRT DRESS IN ASH GREY SEA FOAM BY AMERICAN APPAREL    |    PHOTOS:  BY ERICK