Skip to main content

Hello, It's Me


* screeeeeeech.... opens door *

Hello?

Are you in there?

I'm baaaaaaack! Holy shnikeys! It's only been a good two years or so. Talk about a blogging hiatus. So, after many many failed attempts at fancy Squarespace sites and having absolutely zero direction on which way I wanted to go, I found myself right back here. Good 'ol blogger. Good 'ol free simple template. Good 'ol feed with all my old friends. It's been a long, long time. And it feels weird! But I'm dusting off the cobwebs anyway and just writing because I need to.

Plain and simple.

Now, a few things-- the blog title is a bit different. My kiddos are nearly three and five years old so diapers [thankfully] are a thing of the past. Hallelujah! And if you haven't heard, folks, skinny jeans are out. They're done! Bring on the bellbottoms, culottes and 90's fashion revival. You heard it here first, everyone. Just wait. 

Also. Growing up. I kinda laugh at how much I've changed as a person and how much this blogging world has changed in general over the past five years. All the fads and the advertising and the product pushing is still very well and alive, but goodness it does not affect me any more and THANK YOU sweet jesus for that. Now if any of y'all are still on that vibe, I still love ya. I'm just sticking to my unfiltered mess of words and photography. I wanted to pick up where I left off because even though I cringe reading these old posts, I couldn't bear to ever lose these old photographs into the dark void of cyberspace where all the dead, forgotten blogs end up. That was my life back then, and it's important to my journey. My intentions are simple: preserving memories and refining my craft, both in words and photos. I'm documenting in the only way I know how. Authentic, true, messy, me.

Thanks for stopping in, growing with me, taking the time to comment, or just being a friend. 

Love! xxx

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. hello from the other siiiiide!

    Did I really just quote Adele. I guess I did. It's so lovely to see you're back. I have very similar thoughts to you about the blogging world - it can be so big and busy and, lets be honest, pushy, but still it's nice to have the freedom to just write what you want, when you want, and I have to say, I've missed the connections I have with other similar people in different parts of the world. The blogging world has its drawbacks for sure, but also a great many benefits.

    Anyway, it is so nice to see you back! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adele! I was actually thinking the same thing in my head... I totally left the door open for Adele jokes on that one ;)

    Yay, so glad to be back.

    I missed our chats! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so surprised to see a 3 next to your blog feed this morning! Hello dearest. Good to see you 'round these parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so weird, but I just missed it so much :)

      Delete
  4. Such a wonderful surprise to see new posts in my feed! It's been 2 1/2 years since I posted anything. Ha! I miss how blogs used to be - real and personal. No sales pitches or pretending to be experts at anything. Just shared thoughts and experiences. Your return gives me hope for a revival. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A revival would be amazing - I sure miss the old blogging days. It feels good to write again. Thanks so much for stopping in. Made my day :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

curious little gifts : a moonbeatle giveaway

A few of you may remember the talented Fritha from Tigerlily Quinn , as I interviewed her a few weeks back on the blog.  She so generously has offered up the perfect little collection of curious gifts from her Etsy shop - Moonbeatle !  I am in love with everything she creates, especially the brand new hand-painted kids tees... aren't they perfect?  Complete with prints, tea towels, plates and a tee for the little one in your life, this is the perfect gift set (maybe even in time for Valentine's Day!) Here's what one lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans reader will receive: 1. One illustrated Trailer Park Love tea towel , perfect with your morning cup of tea, or to decorate your kitchen. Winner will choose their preferred style - valued at $16 2. The sweetest hand-illustrated plate , just in time for Valentine's Day. Before Fritha, I never knew that an octopus has three hearts! - valued at $12 3 . An A4 size, unframed ink illustration of Moonbeatle

bump : week 22

I've said it before, but if I could pack up and move my entire family straight into the By The Barkers studio space, I would. Absolute heaven! As for our little one, he or she has been giving me strong, swift kicks - especially around bed time.  Waves and ripples dance across my belly as I lay in bed waiting, watching.  I'll admit, it's been difficult for Erick and I since we've decided to keep things a surprise as far as the gender.  We were both so used to the feeling of knowing with Sofia that it's made this pregnancy a completely unique experience.  My intuition keeps swaying back and forth wondering if this little one is a boy or girl, and judging by the way that I look, feel and eat, my best guess is that we have another little lady on the way. (Though, if you ask Sofia, she's already told us she thinks baby is a "bruh-der")  !!! Mamas out there, was your intuition right? Any tell-tale signs or

giveaway : a very merry christmas

I am so thrilled to be working with these amazing companies to offer two lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans readers a chance at winning a Christmas package of handcrafted goodies for their little ones.  We have quite the collection of some of my favorite items from around the web lately - clothing, shoes, wooden cameras for budding "little" photographers, knitted toys, mobiles for baby's rooms, even nursing necklaces! To enter you must: • be a follower of Diapers & Skinny Jeans • leave a comment telling me which package you'd like to win • be of 18 years of age, or older • earn an extra entry by liking Diapers & Skinny Jeans on Facebook (please leave a separate comment stating you've "liked") • winners will be randomly selected based on comment number, and drawn on Wednesday, December 5th to try to make the cutoff for deliveries by Christmas.  Announcements will be made back on this post, and also on Facebook .  If t