Skip to main content

The Long And Short Of It


Hi, friends. How was your weekend? After having non-stop rain for nearly a month, we finally received a short break in the El Niño weather to head to the coast. Even though it's not in our backyard, I still feel like twenty miles to the beach is a good compromise. It really is lovely here and it makes me happy to see the girls so at home in the sea.

This week we are gearing up for Easter and some very special visitors -- my Mama and my sister! It will be the first time Mom has seen our new home or visited the Bay Area, so to say we are excited would be an understatement. We cannot wait. I've even kept it as a surprise from the girls, so I'm sure the look on their faces alone when they see Grammie and their Auntie will be the highlight of the whole trip.

What about you? Any special Easter plans or crafting?

We made some hot crossed buns for the first time last year, and I'm hoping I can bake a little something special this year too. We're going to try this recipe along with some lemon curd and I'm thinking it will be perfect for a weekend brunch. I'll report back if I don't completely screw it up!

Hoping your week is off to a wonderful start!

Comments

  1. What a dreamy picture, that soft pastel colour palette is so soothing. My special Easter plans involve the lab, but I think I might also try my hand at making my own croissants too... tempted by your recipe though! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

curious little gifts : a moonbeatle giveaway

A few of you may remember the talented Fritha from Tigerlily Quinn , as I interviewed her a few weeks back on the blog.  She so generously has offered up the perfect little collection of curious gifts from her Etsy shop - Moonbeatle !  I am in love with everything she creates, especially the brand new hand-painted kids tees... aren't they perfect?  Complete with prints, tea towels, plates and a tee for the little one in your life, this is the perfect gift set (maybe even in time for Valentine's Day!) Here's what one lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans reader will receive: 1. One illustrated Trailer Park Love tea towel , perfect with your morning cup of tea, or to decorate your kitchen. Winner will choose their preferred style - valued at $16 2. The sweetest hand-illustrated plate , just in time for Valentine's Day. Before Fritha, I never knew that an octopus has three hearts! - valued at $12 3 . An A4 size, unframed ink illustration of Moonbeatle

bump : week 22

I've said it before, but if I could pack up and move my entire family straight into the By The Barkers studio space, I would. Absolute heaven! As for our little one, he or she has been giving me strong, swift kicks - especially around bed time.  Waves and ripples dance across my belly as I lay in bed waiting, watching.  I'll admit, it's been difficult for Erick and I since we've decided to keep things a surprise as far as the gender.  We were both so used to the feeling of knowing with Sofia that it's made this pregnancy a completely unique experience.  My intuition keeps swaying back and forth wondering if this little one is a boy or girl, and judging by the way that I look, feel and eat, my best guess is that we have another little lady on the way. (Though, if you ask Sofia, she's already told us she thinks baby is a "bruh-der")  !!! Mamas out there, was your intuition right? Any tell-tale signs or

giveaway : a very merry christmas

I am so thrilled to be working with these amazing companies to offer two lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans readers a chance at winning a Christmas package of handcrafted goodies for their little ones.  We have quite the collection of some of my favorite items from around the web lately - clothing, shoes, wooden cameras for budding "little" photographers, knitted toys, mobiles for baby's rooms, even nursing necklaces! To enter you must: • be a follower of Diapers & Skinny Jeans • leave a comment telling me which package you'd like to win • be of 18 years of age, or older • earn an extra entry by liking Diapers & Skinny Jeans on Facebook (please leave a separate comment stating you've "liked") • winners will be randomly selected based on comment number, and drawn on Wednesday, December 5th to try to make the cutoff for deliveries by Christmas.  Announcements will be made back on this post, and also on Facebook .  If t