Skip to main content

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY


A year ago today, I married my best friend.

We ran to the courthouse early in the morning and sat in the lobby nervously while holding hands.  I remember our judge, she was a woman not older than my own mother, whose words were sweet and pace, relaxed.  I look back now and appreciate the time she spent with us in that little room as the ceremony itself was quick, and we were alone.  The memories I have of our wedding will always be this tiny little secret, something simple and solitary that only Erick and I will be the ones to know.  Someday we will throw a party to celebrate our day with music and dancing, soft candles flickering across a warm summer night.  We'll invite all of our friends from all of the far away places that they may be and feel joy in our hearts seeing them gather together and let loose upon our starlit dance floor.

I can't even fathom how a year's worth of time has already passed!  If what they say is true that, "time flies when you're having fun," then by darned we are having the time of our lives over here!  I am so lucky to have Erick by my side in this journey- his goofy smile, his contagious laugh, his ridiculous work ethic that continually inspires me to keep creating, the fact that he can turn my meltdowns into giggle fits, the way that he always shows me how much he cares.  Not one day goes by that I don't remember how fortunate I am to have found a man that lets my aquarian spirit run free, yet holds such a tight grip on my heart.  I love him with every piece of me, my soul, and we are so perfect together.

This year, we spent most of our day in the hospital caring for Erick after he took a spill on the way to work.  Thankfully it was nothing serious, though it looked mighty scary to me having my husband wake me up saying we needed to go to the hospital while blood poured from his face!  I figured I would spare you all the gruesome photos and left you with this one we took last night since I thought we'd both be working.  Maybe it was a sign we needed to slow down a little bit, maybe it was a blessing in (painful) disguise that we got to spend the day together instead of at our jobs.  Whatever it was, we're both exhausted and finally ready to sit at home and cuddle up to a movie and maybe even get a few extra hours of rest tonight.  Thank you for all of your kind words on Instagram today!  We are so lucky to have met such a wonderful community of amazing people just like you.

Comments

  1. That photo captures something really special - that moment of true complete love and a kiss with passion and gentleness .... Congratulations.
    Hope Erick is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! I love the way you got hitched. We've been thinking about that a little too. Anyway, glad Erick's ok. Kellie xx PS gorgeous gorgeous photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!! I hope Erik is healing up quickly! That picture above is ridiculously gorgeous by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary also! That is an amazing picture. Really i was looking forward to see this outstanding pic shot. Thanks for this allocation. :P
    Womens Jeans

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only just started to read your blog.. it's beautiful. Happy anniversary you crazy loved up couple. Finding your soul mate is the most wonderful thing.. I too feel blessed. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww congratulations lovers! wow, you guys just snuck in before sofia arrived! what a beautiful photo to share, it says so very much about the love between you two. happy anniversary x ps - hope erick is ok!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh this is just so sweet. Happy one year, you two lovebirds! Love is a wonderful thing, and finding your soul mate is even better.

    (and I'm glad to hear Erik is okay!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Married and a baby in the same week?! How did your heart not explode? Happy Anniversary to you both. :) and as always, what a lovely and romantic photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Amazing photo. Hope Erick is ok! Geeze I'm getting addicted to your blog. Can you either post at least three times a day or come to Australia to hang out please? Happy year two kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! That photo is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well happy belated Anni! It's unreal how time flies, isn't it? I can't believe I've been with my husband for a decade now....What a neat, inspiring story you shared! I am so glad your husband is OK, that would be frightening to wake up to...health is so fragile, we just can never take it for granted.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

curious little gifts : a moonbeatle giveaway

A few of you may remember the talented Fritha from Tigerlily Quinn , as I interviewed her a few weeks back on the blog.  She so generously has offered up the perfect little collection of curious gifts from her Etsy shop - Moonbeatle !  I am in love with everything she creates, especially the brand new hand-painted kids tees... aren't they perfect?  Complete with prints, tea towels, plates and a tee for the little one in your life, this is the perfect gift set (maybe even in time for Valentine's Day!) Here's what one lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans reader will receive: 1. One illustrated Trailer Park Love tea towel , perfect with your morning cup of tea, or to decorate your kitchen. Winner will choose their preferred style - valued at $16 2. The sweetest hand-illustrated plate , just in time for Valentine's Day. Before Fritha, I never knew that an octopus has three hearts! - valued at $12 3 . An A4 size, unframed ink illustration of Moonbeatle

giveaway : a very merry christmas

I am so thrilled to be working with these amazing companies to offer two lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans readers a chance at winning a Christmas package of handcrafted goodies for their little ones.  We have quite the collection of some of my favorite items from around the web lately - clothing, shoes, wooden cameras for budding "little" photographers, knitted toys, mobiles for baby's rooms, even nursing necklaces! To enter you must: • be a follower of Diapers & Skinny Jeans • leave a comment telling me which package you'd like to win • be of 18 years of age, or older • earn an extra entry by liking Diapers & Skinny Jeans on Facebook (please leave a separate comment stating you've "liked") • winners will be randomly selected based on comment number, and drawn on Wednesday, December 5th to try to make the cutoff for deliveries by Christmas.  Announcements will be made back on this post, and also on Facebook .  If t

bump : week 23

The sub-zero weather has kept us indoors, but it hasn't kept us from having the most amount of fun possible.  I've been enjoying hot cups of tea served with teaspoons of sugar and condensed milk, curling up with my favorite blanket and enjoying the tap-tap, nudge-nudge of the littlest De La Rosa.  Though I find myself playing catch up yet again (I'm 24 weeks!) I'm not complaining in the least bit.  I've had this little family of mine all to myself for a full four days with no work, no emails, no agenda and no pressure.   Ahhhhh... happy winter celebration, little baby. PS- did you know Erick finally launched his website ?  It's up, it's responsive, and it's gorgeous. I'm a proud muma bear. WEARING : SHORT SLEEVE CREW NECK TSHIRT DRESS IN ASH GREY SEA FOAM BY AMERICAN APPAREL    |    PHOTOS:  BY ERICK