Skip to main content

It's better to be safe than to be sorry


Today was just like any other Wednesday OBGYN appointment day, we went in and waited for Dr. Kim to check the size of my belly and listen to our little one's rapidly beating heart.  Everything went great, she's been right on track this whole pregnancy.  We've been very fortunate to have had a fairly easy pregnancy with no complications.

Then, the list of questions came:

" So how you feeling? "
     .... good.
" Any contractions yet? '
    .... no, not yet.
" How are those feet and ankles? Are you swollen? "
   .... nope, everything looks good.
" What about movement, she still keeping busy? "
   .... well, *pause* i think her sleeping pattern may have changed.

And right then and there is where I went wrong.  I thought it was normal for baby to change her sleeping pattern as I wasn't feeling her much during the day anymore but more with her dance parties at night, however my doctor didn't exactly feel the same way.  Any decrease in movement around 34 weeks they take very seriously at her office--- even if nothing really is wrong.  Better to be safe, right?

Well, 'safe' is requiring me to come in for twice a week appointments now to do non-stress testing and ultrasounds.  The bonus?  I get to see bubs a lot more often.  I'm glad they're being extra cautious, even if it was only just a shift in her sleep regimen.  We're so close to the end that it's just not worth it to not be safe.

Proving how smart you are already, silly girl.  Keep passing all those tests.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

curious little gifts : a moonbeatle giveaway

A few of you may remember the talented Fritha from Tigerlily Quinn , as I interviewed her a few weeks back on the blog.  She so generously has offered up the perfect little collection of curious gifts from her Etsy shop - Moonbeatle !  I am in love with everything she creates, especially the brand new hand-painted kids tees... aren't they perfect?  Complete with prints, tea towels, plates and a tee for the little one in your life, this is the perfect gift set (maybe even in time for Valentine's Day!) Here's what one lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans reader will receive: 1. One illustrated Trailer Park Love tea towel , perfect with your morning cup of tea, or to decorate your kitchen. Winner will choose their preferred style - valued at $16 2. The sweetest hand-illustrated plate , just in time for Valentine's Day. Before Fritha, I never knew that an octopus has three hearts! - valued at $12 3 . An A4 size, unframed ink illustration of Moonbeatle

giveaway : a very merry christmas

I am so thrilled to be working with these amazing companies to offer two lucky Diapers & Skinny Jeans readers a chance at winning a Christmas package of handcrafted goodies for their little ones.  We have quite the collection of some of my favorite items from around the web lately - clothing, shoes, wooden cameras for budding "little" photographers, knitted toys, mobiles for baby's rooms, even nursing necklaces! To enter you must: • be a follower of Diapers & Skinny Jeans • leave a comment telling me which package you'd like to win • be of 18 years of age, or older • earn an extra entry by liking Diapers & Skinny Jeans on Facebook (please leave a separate comment stating you've "liked") • winners will be randomly selected based on comment number, and drawn on Wednesday, December 5th to try to make the cutoff for deliveries by Christmas.  Announcements will be made back on this post, and also on Facebook .  If t

bump : week 23

The sub-zero weather has kept us indoors, but it hasn't kept us from having the most amount of fun possible.  I've been enjoying hot cups of tea served with teaspoons of sugar and condensed milk, curling up with my favorite blanket and enjoying the tap-tap, nudge-nudge of the littlest De La Rosa.  Though I find myself playing catch up yet again (I'm 24 weeks!) I'm not complaining in the least bit.  I've had this little family of mine all to myself for a full four days with no work, no emails, no agenda and no pressure.   Ahhhhh... happy winter celebration, little baby. PS- did you know Erick finally launched his website ?  It's up, it's responsive, and it's gorgeous. I'm a proud muma bear. WEARING : SHORT SLEEVE CREW NECK TSHIRT DRESS IN ASH GREY SEA FOAM BY AMERICAN APPAREL    |    PHOTOS:  BY ERICK